Get to know your group:
- What classes are you taking?
- What has school been like for you so far?
- What extra stuff are you a part of (band, sports, etc.)
1 Peter 3:15-16 says, “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.”
What stands out to you about this verse?
If someone was to ask you, “why are you a Christian,” what would you say?
Preparing Your Story
The best way to share Christ with others is to share what he has done in your life. Take a moment and write out a story of what God has done in your life that you can share with others. This could be the story of how you were saved or something God changed in your life. Your story should have three parts: what your life was before Christ, when things changed, and what is different now.(Example: I used to really struggle with … But then one day I was praying … Now I …)
WRITE YOUR STORY
Preparing to answer
What could you say to a friend to encourage them towards Christ in the following situations: (Pro tip: when possible tell a personal story of how God helped you through something similar.)
- A friend tells you, “I really feel like my life is empty right now.”
- A friend goes through a difficult circumstance like a break up or friend betrayal.
- A friend tells you they are really worried about something coming up.
One final question we MUST be ready for. If someone asked you, “how do I become a Christian,” or “how do I get saved” what would you say?