Start your group by doing the trust fall.
Are some people easier to trust in the trust fall?
Why is trust important in relationships/friendships?
Think about it
“Never trust anyone over thirty” was a slogan popular in the 1960’s. How would you rewrite that slogan today?
- Never trust anyone ______________________.
Name a person you trust completely? Why do you trust them?
Do you know anyone that you don’t trust at all? Why don’t you trust them?
On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being “Not at all” and 10 being “totally:”
- How much do you trust your parents? Why?
- How much can your parents trust you? Why?
- How much can your teachers trust you? Why?
Do you agree or disagree with the following? Why?
- Overall, the average person can be trusted.
- It is easier to trust Christians than non-Christians.
- I have difficulty trusting people.
- Once a person lies to you, it is impossible to trust them completely again.
Friends and Family
Have you ever lost someone in your family’s trust? What happened?
What happens to a friendship/relationship if trust is lost?
If your parents don’t trust you, what can you do to gain their trust?
Why does it take a long time to gain trust?