Have you ever been in a life-or-death situation? What happened?
If someone drowned, how would you respond? (panic, helpful)
When it comes to an emergency there are a few steps that happen to be helpful:
Notice the event – Interpret the event as an emergency – Assume Responsibility – Know how to help – Help
Notice the Event
- When it comes to people not knowing God, why is it so easy for us to not notice?
Interpret the event as an emergency
- Even when we know that someone doesn’t know God, we don’t really see it as urgent, Why do you think that is?
- Why should we see it as a big deal when someone doesn’t know God?
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. – 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Why is it important to know that we are the ones God uses to let people know about Christ?
- Who should we assume responsibility for?
- Why would we not take action even when we know someone needs God?
- Have you ever felt pressure to keep your faith to yourself?
Know how to help
- Discuss as a group good ways to explain the following questions to someone that doesn’t know God.
- Why do I need to know God?
- How are you saved?
- How is my life going to be different after I am saved?
Urgency at Amplify
As a group, our goal is to create a place where the unconnected get connected
- What does it mean to be unconnected?
- Why is it important to see someone being “unconnected” as an urgent problem?
- Who should assume responsibility for unconnected people?
- How can we help someone that is unconnected become connected?