Who are you inviting to the Amplify event this Wednesday?
Can I have your attention please
Attention influences direction. Direction determines destination.
Why is what has our attention so important?
Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
- What are the worthless things that we need to turn our eyes and our attention away from?
- What are the things that capture your attention that will only lead you down paths you don’t want to go?
- Do you think there is anything in your life that you allow to take too much of your time?
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.
Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.
- Share a time when you got really focused on a goal and achieved it.
- In what situations are you the most tempted to swerve to the left or the right?
- How can you be proactive and keep your eyes straight ahead?
Setting a Path
When you think 5 to 10 years down the road, what are some of your goals/dreams? (Be specific). Where do you want to be when it comes to faith, friends, family, career/school?
- As a group, talk about things you will have to pay attention to now if you want to someday see those dreams come true.
- What will paying attention to those things cost you?
- What will be the big things that distract you and grab your attention away from your goals?