What are some of your pet peeves? (loud chewing, walking slow,…)
“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. – Ephesians 4:26-27
Is anger ever a good thing? When is it bad?
Why is it important that you “Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry?”
How does anger give the devil a foothold in our lives? How have you seen anger hurt people’s lives?
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. – Ephesians 4:31-32
- Why do we tend to hold onto anger?
- How is forgiveness the key to getting rid of anger?
- What makes forgiveness hard?
- Why do we feel like forgiving someone is letting them off for what they did?
- Why is forgiveness so important in our lives?
Make it personal
Is there anyone that you are angry with right now? (be careful not to gossip about others, this is a time to deal with your own heart, not vent what someone else did)
Is it difficult for you to forgive them?
Anger says, you owe me. Forgiveness cancels the debt.
- What do you feel like the person that hurt you owes you?
- Are you ready to cancel the debt and be free?