Get to know each other
What is something you wish you could do a lot more of?
If you could get free tickets to any place/concert where would you go?
What is something that you really like about school this year?
Do not be wise in your own eyes; – Proverbs 3:7
- What do you think this means?
- Why would this be a negative thing?
- What is the alternative to being wise in your own eyes?
Fear the LORD and shun evil. – Proverbs 3:7
| Fear the Lord |
- What would be another way of saying “fear the Lord”?
- How is it different from being afraid of God?
- Why do you think many Christians don’t fear the Lord?
- How could fearing the Lord change your life?
| Shun evil |
- What does it mean to shun something?
- When it comes to sin, how is shunning sin different than the way many treat sin?
- What’s wrong with the question “how far is too far?”
Make it personal
In your own life, do you find some evil (sin) harder to shun than others? Why do you think that is?
This week’s sticky note was “does this honor the Lord and shun evil.” Take a minute to talk about how applying this might affect the following:
- Your music
- The shows/movies you watch
- Apps you use
- People you hang out with
Have you seen where allowing evil to stay in your life caused you harm? If you can share your experience with the group.
Finish this thought: If I choose to honor the Lord and shun evil, one area where I need to see change is ____________. Talk with your group about how to make that change.