Sometimes we see something in our life that we feel needs to be different. Like make better grades, keep our room clean, exercise more, spend more time with God.
- What is something that you have recently changed? Why did you change?
- Why do we sometimes see something that should be different, but not change any actions?
Turning to God
Repentance means to change your mind in a way that causes you to go in a new direction.
- When did you change your mind (repent) about who Jesus was and start following him?
- What events lead to that change?
- What are some changes that happened in your life as a result of repentance?
Why do you think it is difficult for many people to change their mind and turn to God?
Do you think this statement is True or False? ‘Many people that don’t believe in God think that following God makes life not fun.’ Why?
Acts 3:19 – Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord
- In your own words, what does it mean to “turn to God.”
- Have you ever experienced times of refreshing after repenting?
Since choosing to follow Jesus, have you ever felt like you had a time when you were not really living for God? If yes, why do think that is? Did you repent (change your mind) and turn to him again? What caused it?
People are more open to turning to God when life gets really hard. Why did you think that is? What is it about life going good that tends to make people think they don’t need God?