Who was your first crush? How old were you? What did you do about it?
The Bible on Dating:
“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. -Mark 10:6-9
- Does anything stand out to you about this passage?
- Why is it important to understand the purpose of dating to be leading to marriage? Should this affect the way you date?
The Process of Dating
What is the difference between each of the following? What is the purpose of each stage? What should you know about someone before moving to the next step?
Why do you think so many people skip being friends and hanging out with someone to get to know them straight to exclusive dating?
What problems can that cause?
Talking about marriage may seem strange when you are not even graduated from high school. However, what you do now affects your life later. How can what you do while dating now affect your marriage in the future?
Who You Date Matters
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers…What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? -1 Corinthians 6:14-15
- What do you think it means to be yoked with someone?
- Can you be friends with someone and not be yoked?
- Can you be in a dating relationship with someone and not be yoked?
- What problems could dating someone that doesn’t live for Christ cause? What about marrying one?
Flee from sexual immorality. -1 Corinthians 6:18
What does it mean to “flee?”
What are some practical things you can do to live this out?