An “influencer” is someone that has an effect on the character or behavior of someone else.
Who is an influencer in your life? How so?
Have you ever thought of yourself as an influencer? Who do you think you might have influence on?
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. -1 Timothy 4:12
One way that we can influence others in a positive way is to set an example in faith. Faith is acting in complete trust and confidence in what God has said.
- Is this different than how you have thought about faith before?
- Who is someone you think of as having strong faith? Why?
What are some things you have done or could do to strengthen your faith in God?
For we walk by faith, not by sight. -2 Corinthians 5:7
What does it mean to live by faith not by sight?
Have you ever done something you believed God wanted you to do, even though you didn’t know what the outcome would be?
Make it personal
Living out faith in your life will mean being obedient to what God has said.
- Are there times when you find it difficult to obey God? Can you give an example?
- What makes it difficult to be obedient to what God has said?
- How can faith help you overcome and be obedient?
Have you ever felt like God wanted you to do something but you were afraid to do it? If yes, explain.
Where in your life do you need to step out in faith right now?
What are some specific ways you can do this?
How can your group help keep you accountable?