Would you be willing to go sky diving? Why or why not?
After being asked how to have eternal life, Jesus responded to a man:
Jesus looked at him and loved him.”One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth. -Mark 10:21-22
- Why do you think Jesus told him to sell everything he had and give it away?
- What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- Are there some things that are hard to let go of and follow Jesus?
Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. – Luke 9:23
- What does it mean to deny yourself?
- How does losing your life for Jesus actually save it?
- Have you experienced these things in your life?
- Have you seen people want to follow Jesus but not let him change their life? Why would someone do that?
If someone asked you what does it mean to be “all in” in your relationship with God, what would you say?
What’s the difference between being “all in” and just trying out a relationship with Jesus?
Why doesn’t following Jesus work if you are just trying it out?